|Colonel Lincoln and Flora Burr Kilbourne built their English manor house, "Hawkhurst," in 1905. The home, no longer standing, was located at 303 N. Parkview Ave. The Kilbourne family might be looking forward to a drive in their new town car. It was Colonel Kilbourne, in 1908, who proposed the name "Bexley." Representatives of two communities, one from the Capital University area and the other from north of Broad Street, met on the terrace of Jeffrey's mansion to discuss combining the two areas into a village. The southern contingent suggested "Pleasantridge" while the northern group offered other ideas. Colonel Kilbourne who put forth the name "Bexley," as that was a parish near his family's home in the County of Kent, England. The name met with almost immediate approval.